Sunday, November 01, 2009

Long Overdue!

I apologize for the very long overdue update.. Life has gotten away from us. November is here and the last few months have flown by. Let's start with Emma.. she's doing so good! She started GEM Express, a preschool, 2 days a week and loves it.. she is learning so much and loves going. She has met many new friends and loves her new teacher, Mrs. Phillips. She asks every night if she gets to go to school tomorrow. She also loves going to play with Mrs. Miranda, Chloe and Mr. Doug too a couple times a week.
Cory is doing well, just working, playing the role of Mr. Mom and squeezing in the occassional golf game. I am doing really well too, work has been busy, better lately. The month of September was out of control with the whole swine flu situation. I got the flu, then got severe bronchitis and am now finally well.. antibiotics, steroids and a few inhalers later. I am going to be sick all winter long probably with the new job and all new bug exposures.. Luckily, Emma is staying pretty well. Other than the usual strep throat infections. She is scheduled to have her tonsils out November 19th. We are ready to get it over with. Mommy is very nervous but she will be in good hands. We are going to be at Children's Legacy campus in Plano and she will spend the night to observe her and we'll go home the next day. It will be a rough week or two afterwards, but hopefully the strep infections will stop.
Cory and I are taking a getaway trip to Atlanta this week to see his brother Chris. It is a much needed getaway for both of us. Sweet Emma is staying with the grandmas.. she will be spoiled endlessly so she won't even miss us I am sure.
God is great, He is blessing our lives in ways we could have never imagined... He continues to love us despite all our many downfalls... and for that we are so grateful and will continue to give all the thanks to Him.
Thank you for continuing to check on us.. for loving us! God bless you all.
Tomlins

1 comment:

Amanda & Kerry Kindle said...

Your pictures are beautiful, as always. You have such a gergeous family and Miss Emma is so pretty!! I hope yall have a great trip to Atlanta and can't wait to hear about it. I will be praying for Emma and you and hope the procedure goes perfectly. Much Love, Amanda