Just wanted to share a great revelation I had on the way home from church today. I wish I could say it was from the sermon (sorry Buddy!), but I was working in the nursery, so I missed out on the great sermon. Rather, it was in the car on the way home while I was getting onto my daughter. Emma was riding in her car seat getting frustrated because she couldn't get her shoes off... she may look like her daddy, but I am afraid she has a lot of her mother's personality. She was screaming because she couldn't get her shoe all the way off and after offering to help her she insisted she do it on her own... finally I was tired of the crying so I yelled at her, "What do you expect if you won't let me help you? You can't do it by yourself!" I realized what I said after I said it..
I will back up for a second and share an ongoing stuggle for me is turning over all my worries/stress/concerns over to God. I know twenty different scriptures where God clearly tells me to give it to Him and don't worry about it.. to let him do that.. that is what he is there for. So I feel that I am a fairly intelligent person, but for some reason, this is a difficult concept for me to grasp. For those who don't know me as well as others, I am an independent person who is a bit of a control freak. I like to do everything myself so I know it will get done and done right the first time... in my silly way, I see that by saying I can't do it and by asking for help, I will seem like a failure in God's eyes (which is ridiculous) but that's how I am, I don't like to fail or not be good at anything.. that is just how He wired me.
Right as I said that to Emma I thought to myself, that is exactly what God has been telling me all along and I am not listening to him either. Instead I am crying and screaming about how frustrated I am because I am trying to do it all on my own, and I can't do that. Unfortunately I am a visual learner too, I can read things all day, but I have to see them played out in real life to grasp the concept. Thank you Lord for showing me such an important life lesson through my sweet girl! Wow, what a day! This will always be a struggle for me, but my prayer is that I can remember this sweet analogy and learn to say that I can't do it.. and accept that it is OK to do that.
Loving life!
Holly
No comments:
Post a Comment