The Holiday season came and went by way too fast. We had a great time though with our families and with Emma. We spent the days leading up to Christmas Eve with Cory's family. His brothers and family, grandfather and extended family were all there and we had a great time together. Emma and I were able to go to both my grandparents houses, unfortunately while Cory worked. We spent Christmas morning at our house (Cory got off work and home in time before Emma woke up). She was quite the grouch that morning waking up, but as she walked down the hall and saw what Santa had brought she was so excited. For the most part, she got clothes from us, but we got her a Dora table and chairs, a few other coloring books, movies and puzzles.. and the best of all.. a stuffed Barney that sings "I love you". She loves all of it... It was so much fun seeing her open gifts and get excited about them.. especially the ones that involved Dora and Barney (her two best friends). We went to my parents with my sister and her family Christmas day to eat lunch and spent the day there. All in all, it was such a great time and we are so blessed to have such amazing families... there isn't enough time to spend though! This was the first year in a long time that I had quite a bit of time off around Christmas. So that was nice for Emma, especially since Cory had to work Christmas Eve. We spent New Year's Eve with some long time friends of ours at their house with some other friends there as well. It was a great time to catch up and look back at how much things have changed for all of us in a matter of 5 years... I am posting pictures from our Christmas holidays with our family. The most important thing though.. is that we are so thankful for a great 2008. We are blessed with each other, with a house and two good jobs, a wonderful daughter and family, and our health. God is so faithful to us and He has truly blessed us. We have become very involved in our church (Allen Bible Church), which we joined this year. We have made some really good friends here. We look forward to seeing what 2009 holds for us. There will be some big life changes for us, as I am graduating in May from graduate school and will have a career change, for the better. That also means Miss Emma Claire will have to go to a babysitter (hopefully not day care) .. I just don't know where that will be at this time. But I do trust that God already has it worked out for all of us.. My new year's resolution (one of them) is to stop worrying so much.. but just every time I start to worry, I will pray about it... because worrying will get me no where !! I have learned that lesson time and time again!
We love you all, Thanks for checking on us.
Holly, Cory & Emma
No comments:
Post a Comment