Monday, April 07, 2008

Berenece Galyean


My great-grandmother Nanny went to be with Jesus peacefully this past weekend. I have yet to meet a woman who has lived to be 95 years old and make such an impact on the people whom she came in contact with. My favorite memory of my Nanny is sitting on her couch in her living room next to her just holding her hand. She was all of 90 pounds maybe, but she was a fiesty little thing at times. But, her heart was so full of God and love. She was truly a woman full of faith and God's love spilled out of her heart onto anything she came in contact with. She raised four wonderful children, had many grandchildren, great-grandchildren and even great-great grandchildren. Emma Claire was one of those. I posted two pictures from this summer of when Nanny got to meet Emma. One was our 5 generation picture of Emma, me, my dad, my dad's mother (Mammaw) and his grandmother (Nanny). My prayer is that I can be half the woman she was. She led a very full long life and was blessed to have such a large, close family. I believe there are 64 immediate family members.
There are so many comforting scriptures during this time, but one of the most comforting is when Jesus tells us "I am going to prepare a place for you.... when everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am" (John 14:2, 3). So I know without a doubt that Nanny is finally at peace and with her maker for her eternal life. She was reunited with her husband, her parents and many other close family and friends. God has prepared a wonderful place for her and one day we will see her again. Amazing Grace was one of Nanny's favorite hymns... so I posted a video for her of my favorite singer of course. This is actually the video for version Chris did for the movie "Amazing Grace". Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.




No comments: